Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Google+?

I'm tired of hearing about it, I have I guess 'classic' google as my homepage, and it keeps prodding me to go to the new plus version. Now here at the Blogger thing they too are pushing me to switch to Google+. I will have all sorts of new and shiny controls and features if I get it. The normal google already acts as a giant Internet octopus, linking all my online junk & my phone into one big accessible ball. This alone concerns me.

Google+ scares me. Why do I have to get it? Will I have to get a new profile & pass for it, or will it kindly import everything? I really don't want to have to mess with anything. I'm not 20 anymore with the capacity to just fluently grasp all the new stuff as it comes. I am middle aged, and I fear change. I don't want to have to remember one more password. I have breached my synaptic cleft so many times that my brain is like unto a swiss cheese, and I am fairly confident that I will forget any new passwords within a week.

Yeah this is a bit of a rant, sorry :D

 
In other news I am currently listening to Funker Vogt's Navigator album I recently purchased on iTunes. I used to have the CD a few years ago. On a whim I had bought it at a used music store with no clue what was on it other than I vaguely think I may have heard of them once, and it was relatively cheap. Probably not the best of ideas, but it turned out well. The above video is one of the tracks from it. I have to wonder why do they call it a video, when the only image is a single still shot, rather than, say, a video? they should call these audiographs or something. Sorry, I worked 14 hours today on my day off, and am over-tired & a bit ramblesome. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment